- Energy Right® Residential New Homes Plan
Provides attractive cash incentives to builders of new homes in the MPU area. Builders receive special services and may choose to use program promotional materials designed to help the new home buyer recognize them as quality conscious, energy right® home builders.
- Surge Protectors
Get peace of mind with surge suppression products that will help save your appliances and electronics from damage. They are among the best available and carry a 100 percent lifetime guarantee from the manufacturer.
- First Level
Meter base protection unit leased from MPU for $4.95 per month.
- Second Level
companion kit of surge protection devices provides for added protection for more sensitive electronic equipment, such as computers, TV’s and phones.
- Security Lighting
The outdoor security light turns itself on at dusk and off at dawn. For a small monthly fee MPU provides the light fixture, pole, installation, electricity and maintenance. Give yourself a lighted secure feeling from vandals, prowlers and thieves.
- Project “US of Milan”
Customers may add $1.00 or more to their utility bill each month. This money in its entirety, with no administrative cost deducted, will go toward helping the truly needy meet their energy cost. All recipients of this financial aid will be approved by the Milan Mustard Seed. Deductions can be stopped at any time.
- Levelized Billing (Residential Only)
Budget your monthly bill with levelized billing.
- A great choice for anyone, especially for those on a budget - no more surprises when the electric bill arrives following unseasonably hot or cold weather.
- We average your current month's usage with your previous 12 months usage to arrive at approximately equal monthly payments.
- A safety calculation is used to keep a customer's levelized bill from jumping too much from one month to the next.
- A customer may not have an outstanding balance prior to participating in levelized billing and must have at least 12 months of prior billing without disconnection for non-payment.
- A customer may only sign up for levelized billing in the months of March and April.